Wednesday, April 28, 2010

chocolate and beer = BELGIUM

On Monday April 26 we left Fanny's place in Rotterdam, Netherlands and grabbed a bus to Brussels, Belgium where we continuued on to Bruges, Belgium.

Bruges was a woooonderful city where I hope to return someday - - and I am sure Jess agrees...well she actually admits she would have rather experienced it with her mom and dad instead of me : ) we stayed at our first good hostel and actually made some friends who we spent the evening with chatting about all our travels and where we sit in our lives! later on we went out and about and roamed the cobblestone streets with a couple locals - - only to later leave the pub reaking of smoke. wooo hoo! none-the-less a good experience. In Bruges we enjoyed our first Belgian chocolates and I (Chelsey) enjoyed some classic Belgian brews.

Only later on the next day in Brussels were Jess and I BOTH pleasantly surprised to discover a raspberry beer that was delicious. so YES Jessica Lynn Bye drank a beer and LIKED it. In Brussels we stayed with a Belgian girl named Claire, along with her Italian flatmate Sandra. That evening consisted of our worst supper yet - - Belgian fries and beer. hmmm OOPS! so good, but so bad. good thing we have to walk everywhere : ) The girls were very nice and also very funny. It was nice to spend the evening with them on the streets and in the pubs of Brussels, Europe's capital city!!

Today we left Beglium on a absolutely BEAUTIFUL, hot, and SUNNY day only to spend most of that time wasting the weather while we were in transit on our way to Wroclaw, Poland - - which is where I write you from now : )

1 comment:

  1. Are you bringing any of those awesome chocolates home!?!?! Jess drank a beer and liked it? Now Chelsey--you said you would watch out for her!!!! I'm so glad to hear you 2 are having fun!
    Have fun--safe travels--stay smart!
    Love & prayers!
    Auntie Godmom Karen

    ReplyDelete