Poland
Are first stop in Poland was Wroclaw. It was a small little colorful town with a huge church on every street. I (jess) am pretty sure that I went in more cathedrals this week then total churches i have seen in my life! That just means I prayed for you : ) during the evening we people watched in the square and witnessed a blind date where the girl was 27 minutes late and the boy was so dang nervous and holding a rose. After people watching we went to the local hang out witch was on an island. On the island it was a huge polish drinking party where they threw there bottles and cans on the ground and the homeless came and picked them up for $$$$ it was kinda weird because there was so much garbage. O ps no one spoke English in this town
The next stop was krakow. it is the second biggest city in Poland but by far the best one. we ended up staying at a great hostel where we met some great people and spent the hole weekend with them all. from mad dog shots to funky tech-no clubs it was a great night life!!!
we went to Auschwitz and it is hard to believe what it was like! The conditions and what they did to more then just jews is absolutely awful.
we also where the only 2 from are hostel that made it to the free walking tour in the morning. clearly we are champs. Also it rained for 2 hours during it, but that didn't stop us form seeing the castle, the most famous church in Poland, the old town, and well some other stuff that I cant pronounce because the language here is so so so um not pronounceable ha.
food---- we tried a mixture of traditional dumplings ( cheese and potato, cabbage and mushroom, meet, spinach broccoli meet, liver groats) I had my first kabab, some breaded cheese thing dont recall what it is called, traditional sour cream soup, and of course lunch for breakfast!!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jess & Chelsey--I am so glad you were able to visit Poland and experience the same places your Mom & Grandpa saw. Were you able to meet any "Sienko's" in Poland? I'm sure Grandpa is looking down & smiling! So am I!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun--safe travels--stay smart!
Love & prayers!
Auntie Godmom Karen